PlatSil Gel-10 Silicone Rubber is a two-part, platinum-catalyzed, liquid silicone system that cures (RTV) to a milky white, Shore A10 rubber. This silicone is most often used to make prosthetic appliances (in conjunction with Smith’s Theatrical Prosthetic Deadener or PlatSil Deadener LV), for lifecasting and mold making. PlatSil Gel-10 has been tested by an independent laboratory and was found to comply with 21 CFR 177.2600 (as published in the Code of Federal Regulations) for rubber articles intended for repeated use food contact surfaces when accurately measured, thoroughly mixed, and fully cured.
Recommended for: Skins, Prosthetics, SFX, Props, Lifecasting, Tinted Parts
Potlife & Demould: Work time – 6 mins / Demould time – 30 mins
Hardness & Type: Shore A10 +/-2 Silicone Elastomer, 15000cps
PlatSil Gel-10 may be mixed at 1A:1B (by weight or volume). This is a platinum silicone with a 5-6 minute working time and a 30+ minute cure time. Platsil Gel-10 can be altered to achieve a wide range of hardnesses. Use PlatSil Gel-10 as a mould rubber, for prosthetic appliances, and for life-casting.
- A range of hardnesses using Platsil Part-H Hardener
- Add Deadener to soften and create ultra-realistic prosthetic appliances
- Fast demould with 5-6 minute working times
- Use PlatSil 71R Retarder to slow the cure
- Use PlatSil 71/73X Accelerator to speed up the cure
- SilThix thickens the mix to a brushable paste