PlatSil Gel-25 Silicone Rubber is a two-part, platinum-catalyzed, liquid silicone system that cures (RTV) to a milky white, Shore A25 rubber. This silicone is most often used to make prosthetic appliances (in conjunction with PlatSil Deadener LV or Smith’s Theatrical Prosthetic Deadener), for lifecasting and mold making. PlatSil Gel-25 has been tested by an independent laboratory and was found to comply with 21 CFR 177.2600 (as published in the Code of Federal Regulations) for rubber articles intended for repeated use food contact surfaces when accurately measured, thoroughly mixed, and fully cured.
Recommended for: Skins, Prosthetics, SFX, Props, Lifecasting, Tinted Parts
Potlife & Demould: Work time – 5 mins / Demould time – 60mins
Hardness & Type: Shore A25 +/-2 Silicone Elastomer, 3500cps
PlatSil Gel-25 may be mixed at 1A:1B (by weight or volume). This is a platinum silicone with a 5 minute working time and a 60+ minute cure time. Platsil Gel-25 can be altered to achieve a wide range of hardnesses. Use PlatSil Gel-25 as a mould rubber, for prosthetic appliances, and for life-casting.
- A range of hardnesses using Platsil Part-H Hardener
- Add Deadener to soften and create ultra-realistic prosthetic appliances
- Fast demould with 5 minute working time
- Use PlatSil 71R Retarder to slow the cure
- Use PlatSil 71/73X Accelerator to speed up the cure
- SilThix thickens the mix to a brushable paste