PlatSil Gel-OO Silicone Rubber is a two-part, platinum-catalyzed, liquid silicone system that cures (RTV) to a milky white, Shore OO30 rubber. This silicone is most often used to make prosthetic appliances (in conjunction with Smith’s Theatrical Prosthetic Deadener) and in other special effects applications.
Recommended for: Skins, Prosthetics, SFX, Props, Lifecasting, Tinted Parts
Potlife & Demould: Work time – 6 mins / Demould time – 30 mins
Hardness & Type: Shore 00-30 +/-2 Silicone Elastomer, 22000cps
PlatSil Gel00 may be mixed at 1A:1B (by weight or volume). This is a platinum silicone with a 5-6 minute working time and a 30+ minute cure time. Platsil Gel-00 can be altered to achieve a wide range of hardnesses. Use PlatSil Gel-00 as a mould rubber, for prosthetic appliances, and for life-casting.
- A range of hardnesses using Platsil Part-H Hardener
- Add Deadener to soften and create ultra-realistic prosthetic appliances
- Fast demould with 5-6 minute working times
- Use PlatSil 71R Retarder to slow the cure
- Use PlatSil 71/73X Accelerator to speed up the cure
- SilThix thickens the mix to a brushable paste